Tracklisting and FTD Update 'Live A Little, Love A Little' Classic Album CD
The search also revealed that the vocal for 'A Little Less Conversation' used for the (Elvis Vs JXL) re-mix single, was not recorded for the TV special – it's actually take 2 of the song with the ending repaired. You can always learn something new!!!
Unfortunately, these tapes were the only ones we found from the MGM movies, and whereas proving something exists, is easy, it's not easy to do the opposite. At this time we have exhausted our options to find these tapes – they would be in private hands if they survived.
Meanwhile, here's something to look forward to ...
Buy 'Live A Little, Love A Little' FTD classic album series CD
Buy 'Elvis In West Texas' soundboard May 30, 1976 CD from FTD
Buy 'Moody Blue - 2x LP Limited Edition' Hand Numbered, Clear Vinyl
'Live A Little, Love A Little' (1 CD)
FTD 137 (506020-975088)
- Wonderful World (2:15) (Guy Fletcher/Doug Flett)
- Edge Of Reality (3:19) (Bill Giant/Bernie Baum/Florence Kaye)
- A Little Less Conversation (2:18) (Billy Strange/Scott 'Mac' Davis)
- Almost In Love (3:08) (Luiz Bonfa/Randy Starr)
- Wonderful World - take 1 3:02
- A Little Less Conversation - takes 1, 2 2:40
- Edge Of Reality - takes 1, 2 4:18
- Almost In Love (2005) - takes 1, 4-6 5:45
- Wonderful World - takes 2, 3 2:54
- Edge Of Reality - take 3 3:52
- A Little Less Conversation - takes 4-9 5:16
- A Little Less Conversation - take 10 (album master) 2:28
- Almost In Love - high key version instrumental track, rehearsal 3:23
- Wonderful World¬ - take 7 (movie master) 2:35
- Edge Of Reality - takes 5, 6 4:38
- Almost In Love high key version - 2007 take and vocal overdub 2011 take 4 3:16
- Wonderful World - takes 14, 15 3:16
- A Little Less Conversation - takes 11, 12, 16 (single master) 5:27
- Edge Of Reality - take 8 (master) 3:59
- Almost In Love - track 2006 take 4 and vocal overdubs 2012 takes 2, 3 (master) 5:52
- Wonderful World - takes 16, 17 (master) 3:18
Recorded for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's Live A Little, Love A Little on March 7, 1968 at Western Recorders (Studio 1), Hollywood
Session hours: 7PM-3AM
Elvis' vocal overdubs possibly recorded March 11, 1968
Arranger/session leader: Billy Strange
Engineer: Chuck Britz
Musicians: Joseph Gibbons, Neil Levang, Charles Britz, Alvin Casey: guitar; Larry Knechtal, Charles Berghofer: bass; Hal Blaine, Gary Coleman: drums; Don Randi: piano; B.J. Baker, Sally Stevens, Bob Tebow, John Bahler: vocals
Lou Raderman, Sidney Sharp, Leonard Malarsky, Ralph Schaeffer, William Kurasch, Tibor Zelig, Jerome Reisler, James Getzoff, Harry Bluestone, Arnold Belnick, Bernard Kundell, Stanley Plummer: violin; Harry Hyams, Joseph Di Fiore, Leonard Selic, Louis Kievman, Gareth Nuttycombe, David Burk: viola; Jesse Ehrlich, Armand Kaproff, Joseph Di Tullio, Victor Sazer, Frederick Seykora, Harold Bemko: cello; Lew Mc Creary, Thomas Shepard, Richard Leith, Dick Hyde: trombone; Roy Caton, Oliver Mitchell: trumpet; James Horn: sax
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.