Limited Edition original discarded art layout Moody Blue vinyl for release
October 23, 2015 - 5:49:58 PM
FTD News, Elvis News, Vinyl Records
'Moody Blue' was a previously published hit song recorded at the earlier Graceland session and held over for this album. Also recorded at the February session was 'She Thinks I Still Care'. 'Way Down' became a hit after Elvis' death less than one month after this album's publication.
NOW, continuing on from the excellent Follow That Dream vinyl editions, FTD is pleased to announce the release of 'Moody Blue' in its original discarded art layout for the first time.
To create a unique collectible, it is issued in clear vinyl and each Pressing is hand numbered.
This is edition is limited to 1500.
Buy 'Elvis In West Texas' soundboard May 30, 1976 CD from FTD
Buy 'Live A Little, Love A Little' FTD classic album series CD
Buy 'Moody Blue - 2x LP Limited Edition' Hand Numbered, Clear Vinyl
'Moody Blue - 2x LP Limited Edition' Hand Numbered, Clear Vinyl
FTD 501 (506020-975083)
01. Unchained Melody - undubbed version, Rushmore Civic Center (3.19)
02. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) (2.53)
03. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain - unedited rough mix (3:43)
04. He'll Have To Go - rough mix (4:33)
05. Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall - rough mix (3:18)
01. She Thinks I Still Care - take 10 (4.19)
02. Moody Blue - take 1 (3.27)
03. Pledging My Love - takes 1, 2 (2:33)
04. It's Easy For You - undubbed master (3:37)
05. Softly As I Leave You (3:02)
01. Way Down - rough mix of master (2.39)
02. She Thinks I Still Care - take 2b (4.39)
03. Moody Blue - master (2.48)
04. Let Me Be There (3.24)
05. America - composite of single master and the
surviving ending of the erased studio version (2:17)
01. Unchained Melody - undubbed version, Ann Arbor, Crisler Arena (3.14)
02. Little Darlin' (1:59)
03. She Thinks I Still Care - take 15 (4.14)
04. Moody Blue - unedited rough mix of master (3.55)
05. My Way (live) (4:03)
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.