Released : 'His Songs of Praise' (Book with CD) from Follow That Dream Books
Presented over 350 pages with lavishly illustrated high-quality images, many unseen photographs and graphics. Every song has been thoroughly researched like the author's previous trilogy Elvis: 'The Best of British'. In early interviews, Elvis divulged that spiritual music was his first love and he publicly continued to reaffirm. Despite being acclaimed as the 'King of Rock 'n' Roll', he was only presented with three Grammy awards for his spiritual music and the stories of these iconic songs are contained within this book. Our order is on the way to us now!
- Hardcover book with over 350 photographs of Elvis
- Includes Audio CD containing 30 tracks and over 74 minutes of runtime
CD track listing - live and impromptu Performances with Alternate Studio Anthology:
1. Introduction by Elvis and Amazing Grace (Take 2 - Undubbed) - 3:39
2. America The Beautiful (Composite) - 2:11
3. Amen (Live in Memphis March 20th 1974) - 0:55
4. An American Trilogy (Live in Honolulu, Hawaii January 14th 1973) - 4:28
5. An Evening Prayer (Take 8) - 2:00
6. Bridge Over Troubled Water (Unedited/Undubbed master - 1970) - 4:35
7. He Touched Me (Take 1) - 2:46
8. Help Me (Undubbed master) - 2:29
9. I Believe (March Of Dimes Master edit) - 2:31
10. If That Isn't Love (Undubbed Take 4) - 3:34
11. If We Never Meet Again (Take 1) - 2:00
12. Elvis talks about Spiritual music & Joshua Fit The Battle (Take 4) - 3:11
13. In My Father's House (Take 8) - 2:05
14. Known Only To Him (Take 2) - 1:35
15. Elvis talks & I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs (Take 4) - 2:19
16. Miracle Of The Rosary (Undubbed Take 4) - 1:50
Elvis Presley Special: Palm Sunday - March 19th 1967 Radio Program
17. Introduction Radio Station KVIO - Sedona, AZ - 0:43
18. Announcer: How Great Thou Art - 2:57
19. In The Garden - 3:06
20. Announcer: Somebody Bigger Than You And I - 2:54
21. Stand By Me - 2:24
22. Announcer: Without Him - 3:01
23. Where Could I Go But To The Lord - 3:31
24. Announcer & Red Cross Message - 1:23
25. Announcer: Where No One Stands Alone - 3:07
26. Announcer: Crying In The Chapel - 2:36
27. Announcer & KVIO: Farewell & advert for How Great Thou Art album - 1:33
28. Listen To The Bells (Informal Jam with Imperials Quartet) - 0:35
29. Hide Thou Me - (Elvis at the piano - singing gospel at home) - 1:07
30. If I Can Dream - (Album Master) - 3:36
Total Running Time 74:51 minutes, CD Compilation by Trevor Simpson.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.